Transfer your apps onto a new iPhone with our guide
- 2019-07-03 13:45
You are going to need an App Store or iCloud, an old iPhone and a new one to transfer the apps. Apple simplified the transmission of data between two phones with the help of iCloud. If you don’t want to use the backup of iCloud, you can transfer your favorite apps from the App store one by one. Before you are going to do this, let’s discuss your options.
iCloud backup method
Before you start transferring the data between iPhones, make sure you have everything you need is saved in the last backup of your iPhone. Usually, we don’t think about backup a lot, as everything is saved automatically on iCloud. But you have to make sure that everything was saved during the last procedure. Go and check it yourself.
Only when you checked the backup, and all the apps you need are saved, you will be able to transfer everything onto your new phone. You can do it during the setup of the iPhone:
- Read the setup instructions and follow them.
- When the Apps & Data screen appears, pick Restore from iCloud Backup.
- After that, your phone will ask you to enter your iCloud account. Use your Apple ID. It must be the same that you’ve used on the old iPhone.
- Tap the icon Next. The last backup will be installed on your phone.
That’s actually all you had to do. In a moment, the backup data will be installed on your new phone. Now you can receive your favorite apps on your iPhone. Beware! If you have already set up the new phone without restoring the data from your old phone, the new restoring procedure will erase the apps that you currently have on your iPhone. To avoid such a situation, and not to lose the new data you have on your phone, transfer the old apps from the App Store.
Selective transportation from App Store
This is the best way to transfer the apps you really need without downloading all the data from the backup. It may take longer, but the procedure is not complicated at all. And don’t worry about the apps you have purchased once, you can still re-install them for free. Apple remembers all the apps you have downloaded or bought.
- Open the App Store app on your new phone. Usually, it is right on your home screen.
- Now, search for the app that you had on your old phone and want to re-install.
- When you find it, tap the icon with a cloud, which has replaced the Price icon. It shows that you have already installed the app. Tap this icon again. You don’t have to use a password, go through the authorization or download it with Face ID or Touch ID. You have previously downloaded it, so the AI remembers you.
- After the download is complete, repeat the procedure with other apps.
iCloud backup or App Store
There are two ways to copy and paste all your favorite apps from an old iPhone to the new one. It can be either short way or long. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Both of them are offered by Apple and were made specifically for making your life easier.
Copy all the data from your old phone into iCloud. You may duplicate anything you want. Once your new phone is in your hands, just load the apps from iCloud and put to iPhone. But if you don’t want to use this method, go to the App Store and download all the apps you need one by one. Which method do you prefer?