Fans Spent $1 Billion on Harry Potter Mobile Games
- 2022-10-16 06:30
Harry Potter became a cult creation almost immediately after its publication. Everyone knows about the incredible popularity of the series of books and films. In addition, mobile games are also in demand, which proves the $1 billion spent by fans.
Mobile games about the world of wizards are regularly added to Google Play and the Apple App Store. Although there are a lot of options, it is possible to single out those apps that have become the most popular among fans and brought in the most revenue.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery from developer Jam City has become the most profitable game ever. Since 2018, this product has generated more than $400 million in revenue. Next on the list of highest-grossing games is Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. It was created by the NetEase studio. The game has earned $358 million since its launch. Notably, 91% of revenue comes from China, with the remaining 9% from Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong, where Magic Awakened is available. In third place is Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, with $218 million in revenue.
Worldwide, the bulk of player spending is in China and the US. So, fans from the USA brought 37% of the total income to game creators, and from China – 31.6% (only iOS data). These countries are followed by Germany with 5%.
Gaming based on the works of J.K. Rowling continues to attract new fans. So, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery took first place in the list of the top-grossing mobile simulation apps last year.
The latest data is impressive: mobile games about wizards have been downloaded 156 million times. Most often, apps are downloaded from Google Play (54%). The App Store score is 46%.
Have you tried playing one of the above games? Share your experience in the comments.
Leave a comment
Your comment is awaiting moderation. We save your draft here